What We Fund
The Cullen Trust for Health Care is a Texas charitable trust that grants financial assistance to institutions providing health care services in the greater Houston area. Grantees include medical schools, hospital systems, community clinics, and organizations providing mental health services. Grants are made only to non-profit organizations that are tax exempt institutions as described in Section 501( c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”) and not a “private foundation” within the meaning of Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
Areas of interest include the following:
- access to primary and specialty care for the uninsured and underinsured
- integration of mental and behavioral health services into primary care
- collaboration among local medical institutions
- training medical providers in best practices
To be considered, a grant request must be from an organization that provides direct health care services or must have a direct health care service component as part of the proposed project.
What we do not fund
The Board of Trustees does not consider requests for the following:
- clinical care within residential facilities, such as nursing homes
- educating the public about specific health issues, such as smoking cessation
- public policy
- social services
- conferences or meetings
- fundraising events